I am giving away 1 years worth of free tutoring!
People often ask me, "How did you end up with a career in property?” As much as I would love to say I chose it or it was a calling; it was not! I fell into property and I am so grateful that I did. I love it!
I get to meet lots of people; see amazing houses; and experience that fantastic feeling of achievement when a sale is agreed!
So many of my skills lend well to being an estate agent, such as: marketing, photography, computer skills, organisation and a great work ethic. One part of my job which I have always found difficult is writing up a property. I know where this issue stems from.
I always struggled in school. I remember returning after the summer holidays, when I was in primary school and I felt like everyone was speaking a foreign language! After a month or so my mum and teacher told me I was to be moved into a different class, for a few hours a week, so I could receive some additional help.
A few years later I was tested for dyslexia but it was too late. Because of my years of struggle in school I had mentally checked out. I never did any homework, never paid attention in class and did not really join in, because I felt it was pointless and I would never catch up with the other students.
When I left school at 16 I had no qualifications. I drifted from job to job; delivery driver, caretaker, cleaner, retail worker - until after a long slog and a whole other story - I fell into property.
10 years later and I have my own business, which is doing great, thanks to the support of the local community.
As much fun as the other events I have organised have been (activity packs, the pumpkin competition, the Easter egg hunt) I wanted to do something that was personal to me and which will (hopefully) make a huge difference to someone.
Covid 19 has resulted in many, many children missing lots of school and this has had a massive impact on their confidence and increased the anxiety of both the children and their parents about catching up on what they have missed.
So this seems like the ideal time to run this competition. I could potentially stop a child feeling the way I did in when I was in school.
I have teamed up with Progress Tutoring in Aintree Village and have agreed with them to pay for a child’s tuition for a year.
The winner can choose either English or Maths tuition. Progress Tutoring offer small group tuition Monday to Friday 4pm-8pm for a range of children. You can find out more about Progress Tutoring - www.progresstutoring.co.uk
If your child starts years 2 - 6 in September, then all you need to do is ask them to draw a picture based on the property description below. Then just fill out the form and submit the drawing.
Be sure you like and follow us on Facebook so you can see the entries and when we select a winner.
This property has more kerb appeal than any other we have marketed! The walled front holds the name of the property in the brickwork, the lawn is surrounded by a mixture of mature bushes and flower beds. Some tall, some short, and all different colours. The double garage allows space for two cars easily on the drive. The Edwardian style house has its entrance door off to the left which is surround with a huge glass finish. Large bay windows swarm across both visible floors. You can see how much extra space has been added to the property based on the roof extensions to the side of the property.
Terms & Conditions
- How to enter – Entrants must submit a drawing based on the property description. All entrants must be submitted to us via our website.
- Entries must be from children in school years 2- 6 at the start of September 2021.
- One entry per person.
- The winner will be picked at random by computer spin wheel, with video upload.
- There is no cash alternative to the winning prize.
- The prize is not transferrable. The tuition sessions cannot be carried over to another school year.
- The closing date is 11:59pm on 31st July 2021 and the winner will be announced on the 1st August 2021.
- The winner will be notified via Facebook.
- The deadline for the winner to respond and accept their prize is 28 days from 1st August. After that, a new winner will be selected.
- The winner & guardian agree for multiple photos and updates to be shared through the company’s social media. The winner’s name and age will be shared publicly.
- The winner will be able to choose between English or Maths and use the 40 tuition sessions as agreed. This will need to be confirmed with Progress Tutoring and is subject to their availability. This will all be discussed before the school year begins.
- Competition is run by David Michael Properties in association with Progress Tutoring.
- The winner is responsible for his/her own travel to Progress Tutoring.
- The winner must adhere to all Progress Tutoring’s terms and conditions.
- By entering you agree to join our mailing list, this can however be unsubscribed from at any time.